Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Finally off the boat

I've spent my last night on the Polara, and today i'm in transit to Victoria. Public transit always takes far longer than I think it should, but such is life. In roughly two hours I'll be on the ferry, and in 4 hours I will hopefully be drinking a Canada day beer in downtown Victoria, before watching some fireworks.


I could have hung around the boat for another day and driven home myself, but I needed to go. The quicker i'm done with the boat the better, and today was a good day to make a break for it.

Changing stages is always interesting. I actually enjoy the feeling of culture shock... There is something invigorating about it. It forces you to realize that there is a whole world going on out there, interacting, communicating, loving, crying. What an exciting planet to be a part of. So many stories to see, share, and be a part of.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: