Tuesday, April 22, 2008

North Vancouver

Well, I just finished a day's worth of watching dumb videos telling me how to inflate an auto-inflating liferaft. Stimulating. I wonder what the theological implications of that are?

So now I'm sitting in an internet Cafe waiting for Alan to get off work so I can get my stuff I left in his place and head out towards Maple Ridge, where I get to play with fire extinguishers tomorrow.

The closer I get to this summer the more nervous I get. I guess that's normal, though... I realized today that I've forgotten all of my knots. I'll have a bit of a learning curve the first week or so...

On a side note, I've figured out how to move notes from my powerbook to my Blackberry, which in turn lets me email them, which is cool. Now, if I can just figure out a way to get them on my blog, I'd be completely set.

Transition time... It was weird bs'ing with fishermen and tug workers today after spending a year with Bible School students. I kind of enjoy how easily I can slip into either world... gotta watch my tongue though, or I'm going to return to CBC swearing like a sailor, quite literally.

Well, I'm pretty much just rambling to waste time, I've got another hour and a half to kill.

The worst part is I haven't got much sleep the last couple nights, as I've been sleeping on floors (Roper's sunday night, Alan's last night) so I can't even really think of anything profound to say. That and I've had two mochas today, so I'm starting to get jittery.

No comments: