Saturday, March 21, 2009

Interactions

Well, it's 'personal post' day! Just as a reminder, I'll be posting on a different blog every other day - this is my personal thoughts about life and faith and junk, while jordanshawphotography.com is more work and photography related. That one was last updated Thursday, and will be updated next on Monday. This one will be updated next on Wednesday, and so on.

The past week has been all about interactions and reactions. I will start at the beginning.

Yesterday I went for lunch with an old friend of mine, whom I hadn't seen in quite some time. Hanging out with her and telling her about my past couple months reminded me why I love life so much. I realized yesterday afternoon that I had forgotten to really enjoy life for the last couple months. Yes, I had fun, and laughed with friends, and screamed on roller coasters, and maybe even shed a tear here or there - but I really felt... muted. Like I was just plowing through, just getting by.

Yesterday I realized that I had woken up, and how good it felt. It felt good to truly care again, to truly laugh.

Now, I'm overwhelmed still. Lots to do, no time to do it in. But the stress I've been feeling in the past has melted.. Not gone, but definitely softened.

Today I spent most of the day in the library studying a theology of the City for a paper due Monday. And for the first time in some time, I actually enjoyed it. I remembered why I'm here, and why I love it so much. What God reveals about Himself in a simple little story from thousands of years ago is incredible.

This afternoon I met with a couple who are going to be married soon, and to see the love in their eyes was inspiring, and I remembered why I enjoy being with and learning from other people.

Tonight, I watched Lars and The Real Girl, and I realized how important each of our interactions are.

And just now I got home from a walk with another friend, who helped me to realize how important honesty and friendship really are.

I feel good. I feel alive. Tomorrow may be another story, but tonight I'm cherishing it.
Goodnight.

No comments: